learning agreement

THE ARTS UNIVERSITY COLLEGE AT BOURNEMOUTH

Learning Agreement


Name: Lucy Uden
Course: BA Illustration
Level:6
Unit: ILL610
Unit Code:
Credit points:60
Study hours:600
Tutor(s): Joel Lardner

On my negotiated practice, I found a new sensitivity to my artwork, although the communication of ideas got a bit lost in the final execution. For this project I want to develop work for a children’s storybook. I feel that my style and imagination is more suited for that of a children’s book. Time away from studies gave me opportunity to come back with a fresher mind. So I can look better at the construction of storybook. Since illustrating a storybook requires less illustrations to that of a picture book. The pictures have to be less, but they need to elaborate on text. Try to keep my work simple and effective.

So I plan to focus on the illustrations and the style and when potential clients look at my work I want them to be able to imagine my work in their books. I want my Illustrations to be quirky and entertaining, and to capture the essence of what the story is about. I have shall be illustrating a story written myself as I feel that my illustrations will take an interesting form that reflects my own unique style. This story is called the Magic Elevator and tells of two children who have a magical adventure at a museum in the future.

I have read various texts on illustrating children’s books that should help give me a good grounding and structure. I also have set up a general blog on the Internet. This is like a general diary that talks about my work. It helps on my reflection of my own personal development. Having it should also help when it comes to setting up my website. Big influences in my work are people like Tim Burton, Beatrix Potter and Neil Gaiman.

Post studies I am planning to take a short course in model making and turn my character designs in to models.

No comments:

Post a Comment